The Republic of the Union of Myanmar President Office Announcement (2/ 2012)
The Republic of the Union of Myanmar President Office
Announcement (2/ 2012)
31 October 2012
1st Waning of Thadingyut, 1374 ME
Announcement regarding conflicts in Rakhine State
1. President Office has already issued Announcement No (1/2012) that individuals and organizations who were behind the incidents in Rakhine State will be exposed and legal action will be taken against them.
2. Starting from 21 to 30 October 2012, 89 people were killed, 136 wounded and 5351 houses burnt down, leaving 32231 people homeless in the renewed waves of conflicts.
3. The conflicts between the two communities showed signs of evolving into an armed violence, even threatening security forces. A total of 180 percussion lock firearms were seized in the violent incidents. Besides, actions are being taken against some arms-markers and evidences used in making arms were seized.
4. It is found that organization on the other side well prepared their activities with organized arrangements using local- made arms to commit mob threats, terrorist attacks and violence and arson attacks. It is obvious that not only political parties and organizations that made peace with the government but also some local and foreign organizations that are on the side of the other organization involved in the incidents.
5. In addressing the conflicts in a peaceful way, it is required to be wise enough to take measures that benefitboth sides in accordance with the law.
With regard to the recent incidents, all monks and people are urged to join hand with the aim of preventing the image of the State from being tarnished so that the nation can stand tall among the world nations.
6. It is announced that now is the time when the government is taking actions against those who are involved in conflicts and individuals and organizations who are behind the scene so that such kinds of incidents with the devastating impacts on lives and property of the people not occur again.